Landscape Design Pittsburgh
We are a one stop shop that will design and install your dream yard.
The best landscape designer in Pittsburgh, PA
Years in the business
Pittsburgh Landscape Design
We know Pittsburgh and we know the landscaping challenges here.
We are dedicated to upholding high industry standards through the means of delivering high-quality materials and craftsmanship. We are not just another company that provides landscape design services in Pittsburgh. We are highly skilled specialists. There are many variables that come into play when designing the perfect landscape. Your vision, the topography, city laws, the local climate, the list goes on. Creating an outdoor space that you will love is always a great choice, but getting there is never an easy challenge. Our team has been landscaping Pittsburgh for over 20 years. That is you should hire experienced professionals like us to do the work correctly. We take our craft seriously and consult with you from start to finish. Whether you are looking for a small addition such as a firepit, or a thorough makeover for your entire yard, we have the expertise and equipment to handle it all. Our track record is perfect and we have the reviews to prove it. If you want to transform your yard, start with a free consultation with us. Call us now!
We strive to stand out from the crowd
Full-service design and installation
You just give us your vision. We will handle everything else from idea to implementation.
We train our staff on customer service. We want all of our customers to be treated like family.
We stay up-to-date with the latest best practices and technology to guarantee a high quality product.
Pittsburgh presents its unique set of challenges. We understand this and take into consideration every local factor in our projects.
Hire the best pergola builders in Pittsburgh to add extra charm and functionality to your outdoor space!
Let our team help you design and install the perfect outdoor kitchen where you can show off culinary skills to your guests.
Patio Design & Installation
Hire the best patio contractor in Pittsburgh to enhance your front or backyard with elegant stones such as pavers or concrete
Fireplace and fire pits
Choose from a variety of styles for an outdoor fireplace or fire pit and let us handle the rest.
What our customers say
The guy is an absolute pro. Love the crew and the results. Definitely going to book for our front yard.
I was looking for a landscape designer to transform my yard, which was just a giant patch of dirt. Landscape Design Pittsburgh built me a small garden and also built a patio. It looks so lovely now.
I hired this company to build me a pergola and firepit. They literally handled everything and I did nothing other than give my ideas. Highly recommend them!
Transforming your yard is our passion
Factors we consider during our design and execution
We have the full four seasons in Pittsburgh, PA. Summers are humid and hot. Winters are cold and snowy. Therefore, it is important to examine these seasonal changes when picking your plants and choosing your materials. Our team will help you assess your needs and give you a range of options that could be well-suited for your yard.
Unfortunately, Pittsburgh has a lot of steep slopes and valleys. This presents several issues to be cautious of:
- Drainage: When it rains, it pours here. So, it is incredibly important to install proper drainage on your property. Doing so will prevent water damage and soil erosion.
- Soil: Some parts of Pittsburgh have soil with high concentration of clay which is fantastic for your plants. But if you are in an area where the soil lacks nutrition, this will need to be factored into your design.
- Access: If your space is on a steep slope, then there must be some consideration to the safety of paths and walkways. Ideally, we can design around these features and use them to compliment your property.
We know how difficult it can be dealing with the city. We have been doing this for decades, so we can take this stress off your plate. There are several big regulations to be aware of in Pittsburgh:
- Zoning: Before any work is done, our team must ensure the landscape design satisfies the setbacks and permitted uses determined by the local zoning codes.
- Stormwater regulations: When land gets redeveloped, there can be some alteration to the water runoffs. This means if you are not careful, water can be redirected into areas that violate the local code.
- Environment: Landscape design and installations are not as simple as planting all the trees and building all the structures you want. Pittsburgh has strict rules against non-native plants, overuse of fertilizers, and composts. We will make sure these restrictions are addressed before any work begins in your yard.
As with the seasons, comes the upkeep required. Plants must be watered and pruned. During the winter, measures must be taken not just to keep your plants alive, but protect any structures from harsh weather. You will also need to regularly check your yard for any pests infestations. If you find any, simply applying pesticides will likely do the trick. The most important thing to upkeep is with your drainage system. Proper drainage and discharge of water will help you avoid costly water damages and fines.
OUR COMMITMENT IS TO EXCELLENCE
Maintaining a high credibility is our absolute highest priority. In doing so, our goals are aligned to ensure that you get the best product and experience.
You are the priority. We make sure the designs fully meet your wishes before we touch anything.
We pay attention to every detail in a project and ensure the final product is flawless.
Our team consists of the most experienced and well-trained workers in the industry.
Best landscape designer in Pittsburgh, PA
We live and breathe landscape design. This is our passion.
At Landscape Design Pittsburgh, landscape design is the bedrock of our business. For the purpose of staying focused on this mission, we typically turn down jobs involving general landscaping and maintenance. As a result, we have created a highly skilled and specialized team that can take a vision, assess local climate and municipal factors, come up with the perfect design, and bring it to life. From start to finish, we have perfected every step. When you hire us to execute your project, you can be assured you are working with the best landscape designers in Pittsburgh, PA.
Why did we choose to focus on landscape design?
We chose landscape design because it is our passion. Transforming our customers' yards into beautiful and highly functional spaces is what we genuinely enjoy. Every customer has their preferences and every project has its challenges. Whether it's the weather, city laws, topography, or a list of other hindrances. There will always be a great deal of problems to solve from start to finish. But that is why we are here. We always strive to leave the day-to-day stress away from our clients. In other words, we proudly take over all the hard work of redesigning landscape, while you can sit back and relax.
Creating a new or updated outdoor space in a functional and aesthetically attractive way brings tremendous value to the homeowner. Not only does it contribute to a more relaxing environment, but it also brings about the full potential of the yard. Features such as patios, desks, outdoor kitchens, and even ponds not only bring more character to a property, but also increase the value of the home.
Regardless of the scale of the design and installation, any landscape change requires careful planning and considerations. Landscape Design Pittsburgh has a proven method to get the work done correctly and without mistakes. We dot all the i’s and cross all the t’s.
We specialize in outdoor kitchens, fire pits, pergolas, and more
Outdoor kitchens, fire pits, pergolas, and patios are just some of the common features homeowners look to add. Here are some benefits of them:
- Outdoor kitchens: If you frequently have guests over, outdoor kitchens are a perfect addition to prepare meals. These can especially be useful during the warmer parts of the year where people want to enjoy the outdoors.
- Fire pits & fireplaces: Bring a warm and relaxing atmosphere for your guests with a fire pit or fireplace. We provide all types of styles to perfectly match the setting in your backyard.
- Pergolas: When the summer heat hits, it is nice to have a covered seating and dining area. Pergolas provide a nice shaded area to soak in the warm weather and enjoy the entertainment. We employ the best pergola builders in Pittsburgh so do not hesitate to contact us!
- Patios: There is a lot of versatility and styles for patios. They can be small or big, enclosed or open. But what is most important, is that they provide a very attractive space for you and your guests to enjoy the outdoors right in your backyard.
If you are in need of a patio contractor in Pittsburgh, we have the perfect team and resources. Pittsburgh brings a unique set of challenges with its weather and terrain. Because of this, landscaper designers in Pittsburgh must be able to create beautiful patios that are not just functional, but also compatible with the given space. Whether you need a concrete patio or looking to install patio pavers, we provide all the necessary services you need from a patio contractor. Building patios are one of our specialities and we can incorporate special additions such as firepits, water features, and outdoor kitchens.
Our Step-By-Step Process
The first step in our process is evaluating your outdoor space. Every project must consider the soil, grading, existing features, and local city laws.
Walk through your vision
Identifying your goals is clearly the most important step. We will need to consult you on the features you want, the overall ambiance you are looking for, and your budget.
What you want and what is possible (physically and legally) can be very different. We work with you on coming up with the best plan to incorporate your ideas with the limitations we may have on your property. At the end of this step, you will receive a rough rendering of the finished product.
Whether you want a new patio, retaining walls, or new garden, we will work with you on choosing the most appropriate plants and materials.
We manage the entire installation process. There is no need for you to do additional hirings, as we can take care of that for you. Building out the full design is a very stressful operation that we will gladly take off your hands.